Forms & Instructions
Please read this page for important information about applying for grant funds from the Broomfield Community Foundation.
- Broomfield, Colorado
- Camp Wapiyapi
- Association For Community Living
Thank you for considering a grant from the Broomfield Community Foundation. The Broomfield Community Foundation currently awards grants for programs that benefit Broomfield citizens in the following areas:
- Civic Projects
- Human Service Programs
- Arts and Humanities
- Senior Citizen Programs
- Educational Programs
Innovative programs and/or collaborative initiatives in these areas are always of particular interest.
The Broomfield Community Foundation’s 2021 Grant Cycle is now open. Click HERE to access.
*ATTN: Returning Applicants:
If you have previously received a grant from the Foundation, a Final Report must be submitted in order to be considered for another grant.
See this link to log in and file your final report for 2020: Final Reports.
PLEASE READ: If you have already used our new online grant system, but have forgotten your password, please click “Forgot Your Password?” and follow the instructions. If you have applied to one of BCF’s grant programs before, but not using this new system, please refer to the instructions below.
*Instructions for New Applicants (2021 grant application):
- Click "Create New Account," and complete the required information. Be sure to keep this log in information for your organization’s records.
TIP: This email address is the one we will use to communicate with you if we have questions, which sometimes require immediate response. We suggest using an email address that is available to anyone at your organization who needs to access the application.
- When you log in, you will NOT see the 2021 Grant Application. Please click on the 'Apply' button at the top right corner of the page.
- You will be directed to complete and submit a brief Letter of Intent (LOI) to ensure eligibility.
- LOIs will only be accepted until June 24th by 5:00 pm MST
- LOIs are reviewed within 24-48 hours of being received. After your LOI is reviewed, you will be contacted with the next steps in the application process:
- Either a message that you are not eligible to apply or a message with additional instructions to fill out a grant application
If you believe your organization already has a profile but you are unsure of the login information, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW PROFILE. Doing so could result in loss of historical information for your organization. Instead, please contact Marianna Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for funding, the applicant agency must:
- Submit a completed Broomfield Community Foundation Grant Application including all required attachments;
- Provide legal documentation of its 501(c)(3) or equivalent tax-exempt status; and,
- Sufficiently demonstrate that services will be provided to Broomfield residents.
- If you are working with a school or other organization within the community, provide a letter(s) of support from them that show they desire your services.
- If using a fiscal sponsor, include the following:
- The memorandum of understanding or the contract between the organization and the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor.
- Financial attachments
- Organization Budget
- Current (year-to-date) financial statements
- Year-end financial statements, audit and Sources of Income Table
- Proof of IRS federal tax-exempt status for the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor, dated within the last five years.
- Board of directors list for the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor.
- Funds must be used for Broomfield residents.
- Funds may not be used for religious programming/activities, for proselytizing activities, or for the purchase, development or distribution of materials or information that promote a particular religion or faith.
- Funds may not be used to lobby for or support political issues or candidates.
- Funds cannot be used as grants or gifts to individuals.
- Funds cannot be used for trip and/or event sponsorships.
- May 1st- 2020 Final Report posted
- June 1st- 2020 Final Report deadline
- June 24th - 2021 Application LOI deadline
- June 28th- 2021 Grant application deadline
- July- August - Committee review and interview period
- September - Grants will be announced and distributed
*Out-of-cycle grants that are time sensitive may be considered on a case by case basis.
Who do I call if I have questions filling out the forms?
If you have questions regarding completing this form, about information that is required for submittal, or about the suitability of a proposal, please call 303-469-7208 or email the foundation office at: email@example.com.