Forms & Instructions
Please read this page for important information about applying for grant funds from the Broomfield Community Foundation.
- Broomfield, Colorado
- Camp Wapiyapi
- Association For Community Living
Thank you for considering a grant from the Broomfield Community Foundation. The Broomfield Community Foundation currently awards grants for programs that benefit Broomfield citizens in the following areas:
- Civic Projects
- Human Service Programs
- Arts and Humanities
- Senior Citizen Programs
- Educational Programs
Innovative programs and/or collaborative initiatives in these areas are always of particular interest.
The Broomfield Community Foundation’s 2020 Grant Cycle is now closed.
2021 application instructions will be posted no later than 6/1/21.
To be eligible for funding, the applicant agency must:
- Submit a completed Broomfield Community Foundation Grant Application including all required attachments;
- Provide legal documentation of its 501(c)(3) or equivalent tax-exempt status; and,
- Sufficiently demonstrate that services will be provided to Broomfield residents.
- If you are working with a school or other organization within the community, provide a letter(s) of support from them that show they desire your services.
- If using a fiscal sponsor, include the following:
- The memorandum of understanding or the contract between the organization and the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor.
- Financial attachments
- Organization Budget
- Current (year-to-date) financial statements
- Year-end financial statements, audit and Sources of Income Table
- Proof of IRS federal tax-exempt status for the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor, dated within the last five years.
- Board of directors list for the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor.
- Funds must be used for Broomfield residents.
- Funds may not be used for religious programming/activities, for proselytizing activities, or for the purchase, development or distribution of materials or information that promote a particular religion or faith.
- Funds may not be used to lobby for or support political issues or candidates.
- Funds cannot be used as grants or gifts to individuals.
- Funds cannot be used for trip and/or event sponsorships.
Documents to be Submitted:
- Annual Report
- Anti-Discrimination Statement
- Board of Directors List
- IRS Determination Letter
- Key Staff List
- Most Recent Audit
- Most Recent Year End Financial Statement
- Fiscal Sponsor Information (if applicable)
- May 1st- 2020 Final Report posted
- June 1st- 2020 Final Report deadline
- June 1st – 2021 Application posted
- July 1st- 2021 Grant application deadline
- July- August – Committee review and interview period
- September – Grants will be announced and distributed
*Out-of-cycle grants that are time sensitive may be considered on a case by case basis.
If you have previously received a grant from the Foundation, a Final Report must be submitted in order to be considered for another grant.
See this link to log in and file your final report for 2020: Final Reports.
Who do I call if I have questions filling out the forms?
If you have questions regarding completing this form, about information that is required for submittal, or about the suitability of a proposal, please call 303-469-7208 or email the foundation office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.