Forms & Instructions
Please read this page for important information about applying for grant funds from the Broomfield Community Foundation.
- Broomfield, Colorado
- Camp Wapiyapi
- Association For Community Living
Thank you for considering a grant from the Broomfield Community Foundation. The Broomfield Community Foundation currently awards grants for programs that benefit Broomfield citizens in the following areas:
- Civic Projects
- Human Service Programs
- Arts and Humanities
- Senior Citizen Programs
- Educational Programs
Innovative programs in these areas are always of particular interest.
2018 Grant Deadline is June 1st!
Grant Application Instructions
To be eligible for funding, the applicant agency must:
- Submit a completed Broomfield Community Foundation Grant Application including all required attachments;
- Provide legal documentation of its 501(c)(3) or equivalent tax-exempt status; and,
- Sufficiently demonstrate that services will be provided to Broomfield residents.
- If you are working with a school or other organization within the community, provide a letter(s) of support from them that show they desire your services.
- If using a fiscal sponsor, include the following:
- The memorandum of understanding or the contract between the organization and the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor.
- Financial attachments
- Organization Budget
- Current (year-to-date) financial statements
- Year-end financial statements, audit and Sources of Income Table
- Proof of IRS federal tax-exempt status for the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor, dated within the last five years.
- Board of directors list for the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor.
- Funds must be used for Broomfield residents.
- Funds may not be used for capital expenditures/campaigns or for food that is not critical to the mission of the grant project/program/service.
- Funds may not be used for religious programming/activities, for proselytizing activities, or for the purchase, development or distribution of materials or information that promote a particular religion or faith.
- Funds may not be used to lobby for or support political issues or candidates.
- Funds cannot be used as grant for individuals.
- Funds cannot be used for trip and/or event sponsorships.
Documents to be Submitted:
- Annual Report
- Anti-Discrimination Statement
- Board of Directors List
- IRS Determination Letter
- Key Staff List
- Most Recent Audit
- Most Recent Year End Financial Statement
- Fiscal Sponsor Information
- June 1st – Application deadline
- June-July – Review process including interviews (if requested by review committee)
- August 16th – Board approval of grants.
- Date TBD – Grants will be awarded during the Dancing with the Broomfield Stars in September/October
*Out-of-cycle grants that are time sensitive may be considered on a case by case basis.
If you have previously received a grant from the Foundation, a Final Report or an Interim/Progress Report must be submitted in order to be considered for another grant. See this link to log in and file your final or progress report Final Reports. If you have not created an account in the new software, you will need to for the 2017 Final Report. You will be prompted to enter an access code, which is BCF2017FR.
Who do I call if I have questions filling out the forms?
If you have questions regarding completing this form, about information that is required for submittal, or about the suitability of a proposal, please call 303-469-7208 or email the foundation office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.