Planned Giving: A Gift That Lasts ForeverA gift to the Broomfield Community Foundation is a lasting legacy, a testament to a life fulfilled and a pledge to the future.
Parent Engagement Network
The Broomfield Community Foundation awards grants in the following categories:
- Arts & Humanities
- Civic Projects
- Human Services
- Senior Services
If your goal is to make a gift to Broomfield Community Foundation, you have several unique choices:
To complete your gift quickly and easily:
You can write a check now and mail to:
- Broomfield Community Foundation
P.O. Box 2040
Broomfield, CO 80038-2040
- Or, donate online with a credit card now:
Benefit: A charitable income tax deduction and the satisfaction of making a gift of immediate impact to Broomfield Community Foundation.
To defer the gift until after your lifetime:
- You can name Broomfield Community Foundation as a beneficiary in your will.
- You can name Broomfield Community Foundation as a full or partial beneficiary on your IRA’s and 401K plans.
Benefit: Full control of your assets during your lifetime, a donation that is fully exempt of estate tax and potential income tax savings to your other beneficiaries.
To create a hedge against future inflation from your gift:
- You can create a charitable remainder unitrust.
Benefit: Variable income payments, a charitable income tax deduction and possible reduction of estate taxes.
To secure a fixed life income from your gift while minimizing market risks:
- You can create a charity remainder annuity trust.
Benefit: Fixed income payments and a charitable income tax deduction and may boost your rate of return.
To avoid capital gains tax on the sale of an asset that will currently benefit the Broomfield Community Foundation:
- You can contribute long-term appreciated securities or other property.
Benefit: A charitable income tax deduction, no capital gains tax on the sale of the asset and immediate impact to Broomfield Community Foundation.
To make a large gift with little cost to you:
- You can contribute a life insurance policy you no longer need or start a new policy with the Foundation as the beneficiary.
Benefit: Current and potential future charitable income tax deductions and immediate impact to the Foundation upon your death.
To make a donation in memory of a loved one:
- In lieu of flowers, ask friends and family make a donation to the Broomfield Community Foundation.