Grant applications are now being accepted for the 5th and final cycle of 2020 for funding from the Disaster Relief Fund- COVID-19 Response & Recovery.
Click HERE to apply, and please note application deadline: Monday, November 16th at 9 am (mst). Distribution of funding will take place December 1, 2020. 2021 fund distribution will be contingent upon donations to the Disaster Relief Fund; please check back for updates.
Because of the generous support of individuals like YOU, we have distributed over $141,000 through 4 concurrent cycles of funding to the following organizations:
- 5 Star Education Foundation- Mobile food distribution at Legacy High School
- A Precious Child - Emergency hygiene & cleaning kits for Broomfield residents
- BackStory Theatre- Bilingual online workshops supporting local at-risk youth
- Bal Swan Children's Center- PPE and paper goods for classrooms
- Broomfield Early Childhood Council- Cleaning and personal protective equipment for Broomfield's licensed childcare providers
- Broomfield FISH- Bulk food orders for mobile distribution
- Broomfield United Methodist Church- Safe parking initiative for vulnerable residents who live in their vehicles
- Clinica- Personal Protective Medical Equipment and air purification for clinic
- Community Food Share- Bulk food orders designated for Broomfield
- Community Reach Center- PPE for Broomfield mental health clinic
- Cultivate- Food delivery to Broomfield seniors
- Dental Aid- PPE for dental clinic serving un- and under-insured individuals
- Hope House of Colorado - Emergency food relief & hygiene items for Broomfield teen moms and their children enrolled in the program
- Imagine! Foundation- Personal protective equipment and medical supplies for Broomfield group home for individuals living with developmental disabilities
- Impact on Education - Emergency BVSD food distribution at Emerald Elementary School
- Joyful Journeys Community Enrichment- Essential household & cleaning item delivery to enrolled clients
- Mental Health Partners - telehealth mental health services for un- and under-insured Broomfield patients & play therapy kits for children
- The Refuge- Shower outreach program, cleaning/ hygiene items & grab and go meals for Broomfield's unhoused population
- Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence- Emergency food relief, hygiene items & supplies for Broomfield victims of domestic violence
- Salvation Army- Broomfield- Hot meal delivery to Broomfield seniors in Silvercrest Apartments
- Senior Resources of Broomfield-Technology & connectivity support for low-income seniors enrolled in pilot technology program
- St. Anthony North Health Foundation- Emergency & personal protective medical equipment for St. Anthony North Health Campus
Cycle 4 grants were distributed July 2. Grant applications are not being accepted at this time. Please stay tuned for additional updates on next round of funding.
Due to the overwhelming support of our community, we have surpassed our initial goal of $100,000 and have increased the goal to $200,000! This will allow us to continue to provide funding on a rolling monthly basis well into the recovery phase.
The Broomfield Community Foundation is committed to responding quickly and throughout the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. We know that many of our residents want to help and many are in dire need of support. Working alongside the Broomfield VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster), which is responsible for activation of volunteers, the Disaster Relief Fund- COVID-19 Response & Recovery provides one place for philanthropists, community leaders, corporations and individuals to contribute.
One hundred percent of every donation to this community fund will support organizations that are ensuring people can access basic needs during this crisis. The Broomfield Community Foundation will continue to deploy the resources to these nonprofit organizations and local agencies who apply for funding on a rolling monthly basis, and our next distribution will take place as soon as we reach the $15,000 monthly minimum balance.
Please share broadly so we can continue to support our front-line nonprofit organizations during this unprecedented time.
Collaborative Emergency Sheltering Fund
You may have seen or read about the City and County of Broomfield’s appeal to support the Disaster Relief Fund, but also more recently, the Collaborative Emergency Sheltering Fund during this unprecedented time.
We urgently need your help to assist an often overlooked group of Broomfield residents, one that is particularly vulnerable during the best of times, and is now especially so due to the COVID-19 pandemic --- our neighbors who are unhoused.
Please help us provide a safe “stay-at-home” option for these residents by contributing to our Collaborative Emergency Sheltering Fund. Until our current, statewide “stay-at-home” order is rescinded, 100% of the donations to this fund will be directed toward reduced-rate vouchers at local hotels/ motels for unhoused residents with strong ties to Broomfield.
Help us reach our goal of $50,000!
Click Here to donate to the Collaborative Emergency Sheltering Fund